Time to catch up on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
Today Kristina made great strides in her recovery, she continues to gain more strength & movement in her hands and neck, and mentally she has returned. We still haven't had the MRI consultation, we are hoping it will happen tomorrow during the doctors rounds. Instead of telling you what tubes she lost, I will tell you she has left, one IV, soon to be gone, a remote Respiration, & Heart rhythm sender, that's it. She has, had 3 huge -#2's, needless to say she is down some weight. To make up she is now eating a good variety of foods, and some decent size portions. She is still getting her anti-seizure medication, and probably will for a while. She was moved at 3:30 from the PICU, to the Pediatrics Unit down the hall. Mom and dad, Annette, Julie, and Savannah came in this evening to hang out with her. I drove Mary Jo home, gave Nicole & Connor a bunch of big hugs played with them some, and came back in to stay the night. Our plan is that someone will be here day and night with her so she can be calm, sleep better, and get back to her normal self. Kristina took her medications, and drifted off at 9:40pm while mumbling a whole bunch of names, . . . how cool is that!

1 comment:
That's good that she's asleep again, b/c when I got there she looked super tired so Grandma rocked her while I read her a couple books and she drifted off, but I don't know for how long.
I would be willing to take a shift for an extended period of time (overnight or w/e) so the rest of you can have a break--that is if she'd be comfortable enough with me.
-AZ
Post a Comment